Hi. I’m Pattie Baker. I blog at Traveling at the Speed of Bike and at Food For My Daughters (both of which serve as companions to books of the same names, all proceeds from which benefit those in need). I’m a:
- Married Metro Atlanta mother of two grown daughters, originally from New York;
- Author of five published books and hundreds of articles (see below for a sample — see here for articles other journalists have written about my outreach work);
- Peace Corps invitee (I was scheduled to leave for Peace Corps Uganda in June 2020 but that has been delayed due to the global coronavirus crisis — here is an excerpt from my book-in-progress about that journey);
- Professional communications specialist with major media outlets and global corporations including Gannett, Turner Broadcasting, MetLife, UPS, and Cox Enterprises (see LinkedIn profile and portfolio samples);
- League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor (#5382) (see my bike skills teaching experience here);
- People for Bikes Ambassador
- Founder and first chairperson of the City of Dunwoody Sustainability Commission (appointed by the mayor when where I live became the newest city in the USA — now a certified gold-level Green Community from the Atlanta Regional Commission); and Steering Committee appointee on the city’s first Comprehensive Land Use Plan;
- Co-creator of the largest volunteer-run community garden in the State of Georgia (as well as numerous other food-growing gardens for those in need);
- Member of Mensa;
- Survivor of road violence.
Need a writer? Let’s talk. I specialize in all aspects of triple-bottom-line sustainability. My open rate is $150 per hour, with discounts available for minimum-six-month contracts and cause-related organizations. I also project-price specific corporate and editorial deliverables. Additionally, my consulting fee to share my expertise and advise municipalities about select aspects of sustainability is $300 per hour (although I consider about one pro bono project per year). See some of my published articles below (there have literally been thousands), resume, portfolio, and LinkedIn profile with recommendations. Contact me to discuss your particular details to see if we’re a fit.