Note: I’m continually immersing myself in diverse, hands-on bike-education-related experiences so that I can more effectively address and advocate for as wide a variety of needs as possible:
- I’m a League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor (#5384);
- I worked for a year with the City of Decatur, GA to teach a seniors-on-trikes course and an earn-a-bike program for children-in-need;
- I worked as a tour guide with Bicycle Tours of Atlanta, where I helped develop and lead tours with people from all over the world, including a tour highlighting the intersection of public art and social justice and a tour specifically about all aspects of triple-bottom-line sustainability;
- I’ve assisted the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition numerous times in their classes for Habitat for Humanity homeowners, Free Bikes for Kids recipients, and more;
- I served as a volunteer with the ICanBike camp, which teaches children and teens with developmental disabilities to ride bikes, and volunteered to help make bikes of refugees safer to use in the dark;
- Plus, I condensed the nine-hour League of American Bicyclists’ Smart Cycling curriculum into a fun, 100%-hands-on, two-hour class that covers basic bike handling, hazard avoidance, rules of the road, choosing a route for your comfort and convenience, and more that I specifically offered to women (made possible thanks to your support of my book).
Other Services — Need a writer? Let’s talk. I specialize in all aspects of triple-bottom-line sustainability. My open rate is $150 per hour, with discounts available for minimum-six-month contracts and cause-related organizations. I also project-price specific corporate and editorial deliverables. See my published articles, resume, portfolio, and LinkedIn profile with recommendations. Contact me to discuss your particular details to see if we’re a fit.