Click here to enroll for my Pedal Power with Pattie Basic Bike Skills Class, delivered via text. You can also take it for free via downloadable PDF! NOTE: I am interested in adapting my classes or providing communications services to global organizations helping more girls and women ride bikes. Please contact me if you are with such an organization and want to discuss. (Also, I do occasional in-person classes in Atlanta, NYC, Boston, Pittsburgh, and L.A.)
See short, helpful bike skills videos (and other bonus resources) here. I’m continually immersing myself in diverse, hands-on bike-education-related experiences so that I can more effectively address and advocate for as wide a variety of needs as possible:
- I’m a League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor (#5384);
- I worked for a year with the City of Decatur, GA to teach a seniors-on-trikes course and an earn-a-bike program for children-in-need;
- I worked as a tour guide with Bicycle Tours of Atlanta, where I helped develop and lead tours with people from all over the world, including a tour highlighting the intersection of public art and social justice and a tour specifically about all aspects of triple-bottom-line sustainability;
- I’ve assisted the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition numerous times in their classes for Habitat for Humanity homeowners, Free Bikes for Kids recipients, and more;
- I served as a volunteer with the ICanBike camp (which teaches children and teens with developmental disabilities to ride bikes) and volunteered to help make bikes of refugees safer to use in the dark;
- Plus, I condensed the nine-hour League of American Bicyclists’ Smart Cycling curriculum into a fun, 100%-hands-on, two-hour class that covers basic bike handling, hazard avoidance, rules of the road, choosing a route for your comfort and convenience, and more that I offer in-person specifically to women (made possible thanks to your support of my book).