In honor of Biketober, I have some special offers and opportunities!
(1) Traveling at the Speed of Bike: This quick-read book is yours for the unheard of price of just 99 cents for the first week of October! (Warning: it may move you in ways you don’t expect.)
(2) Atlanta Bike Challenge: I’m championing a team named Trust the Journey as part of the Atlanta Bike Challenge, which goes for the entire month of October. We ride (individually) however long, fast, or far we want (at least ten minutes at a time) whenever we want (no pressure) to qualify to earn awesome prizes. There’s one spot left, if you want it! (Click here; scroll down to Pool K.) Update: Team roster is now full.
(3) FREE Basic Bike Skills group class for women: Tuesday, October 3. See here (registration required). I also offer private classes for women on Tuesdays and Sundays. Sign up here.
(4) Silver Spokes seniors-on-trikes course: I co-teach this weekly class in the Bicycle Friendly Community of Decatur, GA every Thursday morning. It’s underwritten by Decatur Active Living so it’s just $5 a class for seniors to participate (you sign up for the month). See here for a story about one of our students.
(5) FREE Urban Bike Skills class: I’m taking a select group of former Pedal Power with Pattie students on my 10-mile “Mini-Belty” loop in the City of Atlanta (which is about 80% separated and protected bike lanes/paths and the rest mostly bike lanes!) in late October.
(6) Poems at the Speed of Bike: This found-space exhibit by 7 MPH features a new installment each week in October.
(7) Instagram and Twitter: I’m Traveling a the Speed of Bike most days and posting photos and news. Feel free to follow along!
Note: I would like to work with corporations to help inspire employees (especially women) to use alternative transportation for fun, fitness, and/or transportation as a regular part of their lives. Contact me to discuss ways I can help.