I’m featuring selections from my street photography album (taken while Traveling at the Speed of Bike) that include American flags each day up until (and including) Election Day. Here’s the eleventh. I took it on South Broad Street in Downtown Atlanta when I met a man named Larry (he was a Today’s Nice Stranger in 2016). I was riding Relay bikeshare (which I used to call Sharey).
Larry is pointing up at a mural that showcases the names of locals right in its very design. His name and that of his brother are both up there, and he was very proud of that when I stopped to talk with him. I never ride my bike past this mural anymore without thinking of Larry.
Flag Series to Date
7. Atlanta, Georgia while riding Mulie
9. New York City while riding Citibike bikeshare
13. Dunwoody, Georgia while riding Data
14. Stone Mountain, Georgia while riding Data
15. Atlanta, Georgia while riding Magic
16. Dunwoody, Georgia while riding Magic
17. New York City while riding Citibike bikeshare
18. Boston while riding BlueBikes bikeshare
19. Atlanta while riding Relay bikeshare
21. Atlanta while riding Relay bikeshare